Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Momfession #1

Momfession::

This is the fourth blog I've tried to start and I am hell bent on succeeding in 2013 [note success = posting at least once a week and keeping it up for at least three months]. We all have to start somewhere.

So where to actually begin? I suppose the logical spot is explaining the blender reference in the URL. As I sat here this morning in my somewhat clean kitchen, I'm staring at my blender which is making its usual January appearance on my counter space as I work to adhere to my crazy (krazy) Kaia Brik diet. As much as I want to punch myself in the face for saying it, I'm a Kaia girl. A returning veteran of this exercise program, I wake up at 4:30 in the morning, throw on my gear, make a half-hearted attempt to not wake my poor husband or kids or hyperactive dog, and drag myself to an hour long women's intense functional training program four or five days a week. Several times throughout the year, they offer a BRIK - a six week commitment where you ante-up your usual exercise routine, give up alcohol, sugar and processed foods (think "Lean and Green" or as my husband lovingly refers to it the "Rabbit Diet"). This is my forth BRIK and it usually comes at a time where I need a solid kick in the butt. This year, after giving birth at the end of summer and imbibing heartily over the holidays, I feel I need an NFL punter's style kick to get back on track. Hence the blender as I concoct a power smoothie that despite its greenish yellow color, actually tastes pretty good.

Moving on in my digressive thought process, as I sat here feeding my kiddos, asking Kaitlyn her spelling words and staring at my to-do lists (various tasks that are weighed by priority vs. how much I don't want to do them) I played a little creative game in my head. I was trying to decide if I were a kitchen or household appliance, what would I be? Everyone wants to be something svelte and modern (think the Electolux Dryer shamelessly plugged by Kelly Ripa where the laundry flies out folded into the kid's closets) but the reality of "me" is that often I feel like my life is a basic blender on power 10 trying to mix the 10,000 different parts of my day into something smooth and sensible (and hopefully nutritious) and usually consumed on-the-go. Hence the name and forth coming, the blog. I'd like to have a neat little blog for the various aspects of my life (motherhood, fitness, marketing/pr clients and ideas, food, etc.), but lets be frank. That's not my life - and I rarely have the luxury of focusing on one thing. My life is a constant, ever-changing jumble, namely because of the little, important people in my life (I often refer to them as "the littles") pictured here:

So here we go. A little this, a little that. All mixed up together in my crazy, lovable, laughable life.

No comments:

Post a Comment